Sunday 15 April 2018

CAN YOU HELP PAPA MMESO BE A BIT RELEVANT TO HIS STUDENTS TOMORROW?

 I polished my shoe a couple of minutes ago, ironed my shirts on Saturday night. I will be packing my bag (laptop) in the next 30 minutes. 

My lesson notes are in soft copy. I just ran through them on Saturday. Literally I am set to welcome Monday cum resumption day. 

Let me share some of my plans for I and my students this term. By God's grace we will successfully cross out each of them as the term unfolds. 

I teach S.S 1 Civic Education and S.S 2 Humanities CRS. 

I have already splitted the S.S 2 class into groups of four the previous term. This term, we will at the group level be doing a lot of peer to peer teaching/coaching, assignments cum presentations.

Peer to peer mentoring gives the shy ones the opportunity to discuss with their colleagues, ask questions and even help the more courageous ones to assist the others.

I may not be able to do this in S.S 1 because our period per week isn't much. I will however employ different form of assessments (oral, written etc) to gauge their level of comprehension as the term rolls on. 

I used audio visual tools a bit last term. I have to double my effort in this regard this term. Design more PowerPoint slides, bring in relevant video clips, newspaper clippings too and any other relevant learning aid. 

What am I missing? What would you like me to add to my to do list this term? Do help a teacher be much more relevant to his students this final lap of the session... 

No comments: