Tuesday 2 January 2018

THE DAY MY HEART WEPT BUT MY EYES SHED NO TEARS PART 5


I am a teacher. I am in charge and solely responsible for the desired learning outcome. This is a fact I am already living with. 

I also realize that students contribute to their learning outcome. Yet their level of experience and exposure can never be compared to mine. 

So I prepare my lesson note with certain objectives in mind. All teaching methodologies known to man are at my disposal too. 

It is assumed I know them pretty well and of course I chose the methodology which suits them to the hilt. 

They aren't as experienced as I am nor exposed to the array of teaching tools at my disposal. It is my duty to rub off my expertise on them. 

So who says that I am not remotely responsible for their success and failure as well? 

Why should I celebrate the successful and distance myself from those who failed? Have I forgotten that my expertise is measured not by the smart students who require little help but the challenged ones? 

No comments: