Thursday 19 January 2017

MY DEAR STUDENTS: WHY YOU MUST LEARN TO OBEY…

MY DEAR STUDENTS: WHY YOU MUST LEARN TO OBEY…
Each moment I talk to my students during class, I step out regretting not recording my class sessions.
Today, I talked to them about obedience and I am going to share my insight with you. Hope you find it worthwhile sharing with your children/students too.

Obedience is not a game for the faint hearted. It sometimes involves giving up your will in favor of doing someone else’s. It requires more than a bucket load of discipline and self-control. It pains, it hurts when you surrender your will. There is no beating round the bush on this deal.

I may not be able to give you a dictionary concept of it but if you can internalize the few lines I just mentioned, you have a hang of what I am talking about.
Obedience is synonymous with unquestionable loyalty, a childlike trust; a belief that the person you are putting your trust in has your good intention at heart. You don’t need to fully understand the instruction, some things are better understood with the passage of time.

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever… Steve Jobs.

My students wants to pass but at their own pace. However their listening ears gladdens my heart. Sometimes their pace isn’t good for them; they are their own enemy. They fail to realize that living their comfort zone is the first step towards self-discovery.
I tell them, “Go find a mentor and get ready to take instructions”. They are travelling towards a destination and as such they need a guide.

Hope you know that Jesus’ disciples never had a true picture of what he was gunning at. They turned their back on their family and went after an itinerant preacher. Three years and counting and the reality of the mission became clearer.

Sell your will to an idea, someone or something greater than you. The bible says that those who lose their life for the kingdom will have it back. Obey, and when the future becomes the present, you will consider yourself blessed.

Yours truly
Papa Mmeso.

No comments: