Friday 12 August 2016

YOU CAN’T TAME A MATURE LION

I Thanks to difference in time zone, I haven’t been able to watch the Olympics.

It reminds me of the 2002 world cup that was co-hosted by Japan and Korea.

Then I just finished writing my WAEC and had enough time on my hand to squander at will. We use to wake around 7:00am in the morning, jump into the parlour to watch the first game.

At the end of the first half, we would rush into the kitchen and rustle up something for breakfast before the players head into the pitch. It was fun.

I still remember that period with a huge smile on my face.

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. Now I am working class dude and with the Olympics played in Brazil, I don’t see myself staying late into the wee hours of the morning to watch any dam thing live.

Thanks to DSTV and its cronies, I can still catch up later in the day when time permits.

Couple of days ago, I was doing the catch up thing when the journalist while interviewing a gold medallist asked her a question concerning her frequency of participation in the event.

Without batting an eyelid, the athlete noted that this was her fourth consecutive Olympics and she was 25 years old.

Do the mathematics yourself. 4 consecutive Olympics is solid 16 years. If she was 25 years this year, subtract 16 from 25 and you will be left with 9 years.

The football transfer market is on. And young skilful players are snapped up faster than a cheetah can nail down its prey.

You have heard phrases like catch them young, the child is the father of a man and the likes. Nothing bits a solid foundation, tilling the ground when it is still soft.

Remember what we have discussed about brain development in previous series.

It is easier for a child learn whatsoever he or she is conditioned to learn at a tender age. You can’t tame a mature or full grown lion.

As we hustle off to work let’s not forget our children and this unique period in which they are. We have to seize it and make each moment count.

Introduce them to musical instruments, books, activities that are fruitful now. Sure you don’t know all this. If you have what it takes, employ the right person.

The power of predisposition can never be over emphasized as long as it concerns these little children of ours.

Let our love for them translate into action.
GOOD MORNING

No comments: