Thursday 4 January 2018

JANUARY HUSTLE: WHAT NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT NEW YEAR

We are carefree - 'young, wild and free.' We don't care if the world is imploding so long as our needs are met.

And as we grew up, the scales fell off our eyes little by little. We saw the sweet and bitter sides of life.

Life compulsorily enlisted us into our school and we started to see things for what they are.

When I was in junior secondary school, I found it, I found it difficult heading back to school after Christmas break.

I cry like the heavens on a rainy day. I don't wonna go back. Wonna spend sometime with my brothers - keep enjoying the xmas bliss.

I never thought of my parents. What they go through during this period. How they manage to buy our Christmas clothes and then pay our schoop fees.

To all parents out there working their hands off to get their children back to school, God has your back and may your children grow to be a source of blessing to you. 

Papa Mmeso. 

No comments: